With more than 30 years of legal experience and a background as a prosecutor, attorney Tad Nelson provides the assertive representation you’ll need when facing criminal charges in connection with drunk driving.
Mr. Nelson, and all of the other attorneys at our firm, utilize an in-depth understanding of the science behind DWI charges to challenge the results of breath and blood tests and protect the freedom of people in and around Greater Houston and throughout Texas.
Understanding Breath Analysis
The Intoxilyzer 5000 is the machine used for breath tests in Texas. Using infrared light to measure alcohol molecules, these machines estimate your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) to determine your intoxication level. We defend our clients’ rights by challenging the overall validity of breath tests and:
- The reliability of breath tests,
- The science behind breath tests,
- The maintenance of the machine used in your case,
- The certification and other credentials of the officer who administered the breath test,
- The qualifications of the maintenance technician who serviced the machine,
- and whether the officer considered extenuating circumstances, such as your weight and other medical conditions that can affect breath test results.
We use these and all other available DWI defense strategies to defend our clients in Houston and throughout Texas. Our proven trial techniques have led to many successful outcomes for our clients, and kept DWI convictions from ruining their lives.
Understanding Blood Tests
If a law enforcement officer can demonstrate probable cause that you were driving while intoxicated, he or she will ask a judge or magistrate for a warrant to draw your blood. If the officer is successful in obtaining this warrant, you must submit to the blood draw or you will be held down while your blood is forcibly drawn.
Even if an officer obtains a warrant to get a sample of your blood, you have options. We have helped many clients prevent blood samples from being admitted into evidence against them because of:
- Faulty blood testing procedures
- An officer misstating evidence in court
- Officers omitting essential information from the warrant application
- Law enforcement personnel not being fully honest with the court
Contact The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates
Houston, Galveston, League City And Statewide
If you or a loved one were arrested for drunk driving in the Houston area, it behooves you to protect your rights and arrange a free initial consultation with one of our assertive defense lawyers by calling 281-280-0100 today.